RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE
Our Retail Associates play the integral role of shaping the Bancroft Brewing Co brand. Working in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, our Retail Associates represent and promote Bancroft Brewing Co and its products through excellent customer service in our on-site Retail Store and at events. This position will require a flexible work schedule for approximately 15-30 hours per week with variances based on weather, seasonality and needs of the business. Weekend availability (Friday – Sunday) is mandatory.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver a great experience by engaging with customers in a positive, friendly and courteous manner; helping customers by listening and answering questions; and by showing appreciation for their patronage and loyalty
- Count money in cash drawer at the beginning and end of shift to ensure accuracy.
- Reconcile totals at end of shift to point-of-sale system
- Understand products and services and be able to communicate this information to customers when asked
- Process payments by cash, debit and credit and issue receipts, refunds or change to customers
- Ensure the beer fridge is fully stocked at all times
- Ensure that all merchandise is fully stocked and displayed properly
- Communicate with the team when any products are low in inventory or out of stock
- Clean & fill growlers
- Connect full kegs to the draught system
- Answer phone enquiries and direct calls to the appropriate individual
- Maintain a clean and orderly retail space
- All other duties as required/requested
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Exceptional customer service skills
- A passion for great beer and a strong knowledge of beer, the brewing process and beer
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Outgoing with strong public speaking skills
- Excellent communicator, personable, warm and friendly with a positive attitude
- Smart Serve certification
- At least 18 years of age or older
- Ability to work flexible and occasionally long hours
- Must be available to work evening and weekend shifts
- Travel may be required for festivals and events
- Ability to lift/ move up to 100 lbs.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time (8 hours).
Bancroft Brewing Co is committed to celebrating diversity and to creating a workplace culture that embraces individuality. Diversity at Bancroft Brewing Co means a workplace where individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths.
At Bancroft Brewing Co, we are also committed to creating a workplace free of barriers that is accessible to all. Where requested, and in consultation with the applicant regarding his/her individual accessibility needs, all reasonable accommodations will be made available to persons with disabilities to support full participation in our recruitment processes. Bancroft Brewing Co is proud to be an equal opportunity organization and takes pride in our recruitment and hiring standards.
Send your resume to