CELLERMAN/BACK OF HOUSE (PART-TIME)
CELLERMAN/BACK OF HOUSE
Reporting to the Head Brewer, the Cellerman is a key member of our brewery team! Working in a fast paced, high-energy environment, the Cellerman assists with many brewing, cleaning and maintenance duties in the brewery. Duties include, but are not limited to, assisting with brewing and packaging beer, running tests on products in progress, following cleaning and maintenance schedule and procedures, cleaning all equipment and packaging, following inventory management practices, and working with other members of the team to ensure all beer that leaves the facility is of the highest quality and that the brewery is kept clean, functional, and up to Bancroft Brewing Co’s standards at all times. This position will require a flexible work schedule for approximately 15-30 hours per week with variances based on weather, seasonality and needs of the business. Weekend availability (Friday – Sunday) is mandatory
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Brew and package beer according to the brew schedule and per the Head Brewer
- Assisting with milling, mashing, lautering, wort boiling, cooling and transferring to fermenters, transferring beer from Fermenters to Brite Beer tanks, filtering and ensuring all brewing processes are recorded properly
- Keep Brewing Facility clean and functional at all times
- Follow Cleaning & Maintenance Schedules and consult the supervisor about cleaning needs, and perform all required cleanings to the appropriate standard
- Assist with inventory counts of grain, hops, and other raw materials inventory
- Follow inventory procedures for all raw materials, chemicals, beer, cooperage, small parts, packaging, supplies etc. and report deficiencies to the supervisor
- Monitor quality, temperature, pressure, gravities, and carbonation of beers in tanks, in packages, and at the Tap Room on a daily basis
- Kegging and packaging the beer
- Washing, sanitizing and labelling bottles/growlers
- Operation of canning & bottling machines
- General maintenance and cleaning of the brew house and storefront
- Receiving of brewery supply orders and retail merchandise
- Work with Head Brewer to keep an improvement log on all issues as they develop.
- Represent Bancroft Brewing Co at various events, festivals and promotions. Promote good public relations and handle complaints and concerns.
- Follow all brewery and Bancroft Brewing Co policies and procedures
- Complete all necessary paperwork accurately and on time.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong communication skills to interact with coworkers & consumers in a professional manner.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and procedures.
- Possess the ability to multi-task and manage stressful circumstances associated with a fast-paced and evolving work environment.
- Ability to work both independently as well as in a team environment.
- Good understanding of quality assurance/quality control and problem-solving skills as well as troubleshooting any beer-related issues.
- 1-2 years of previous manufacturing or warehousing experience an asset.
- Previous brewery experience including kegging is considered an asset.
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs, able to stand for extended periods of time (8 hours).
- Valid Driver’s License.
Bancroft Brewing Co is committed to celebrating diversity and to creating a workplace culture that embraces individuality. Diversity at Bancroft Brewing Co means a workplace where individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths.
At Bancroft Brewing Co, we are also committed to creating a workplace free of barriers that is accessible to all. Where requested, and in consultation with the applicant regarding his/her individual accessibility needs, all reasonable accommodations will be made available to persons with disabilities to support full participation in our recruitment processes. Bancroft Brewing Co is proud to be an equal opportunity organization and takes pride in our recruitment and hiring standards.
Send your resume to